Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The start of creating and comparing games made with different game engines!

My new goal for this blog is to compare two game engines while I try to make the game with both.  The first two engines that I plan to use are Unity-now with its 2D abilities and Construct 2 the free version. I will create written tutorials explaining how to do each step and these tutorials will explain problems that I have and solutions that I discover.  We are going to create a platform game which features robots and aliens.

The best place to start is with a game design document.  I know we don't need a whole large document for what we are attempting to do.  So how about a few sentences explaining what we are trying to accomplish.

The first part of our game will be complete when we have a background, a graphic representing the robot. Some way of preventing the robot from falling through space and a platform or two.  My next post will discuss how to do this in Unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment